- ISO 9001:2008 certification has been in place for over a decade now and is used by both customers and companies as a method of controlling their quality.
- The Standard provides a framework to manage your business and ensure a philosophy of continual improvement in all aspects of your business.
- It is externally assessed on an ongoing basis to ensure these business practices are maintained.
- The principles of ISO 9001:2008 are :
ISO 9001: 2008 is an international standard related to quality management system, applicable to any organization from all types of business sectors and activities.
ISO 9001:2008 is based on eight quality management principles (all fundamental to good business practice). When fully adopted, these principles can help improve your organizational performance :
- Customer focus : organizations depends on their customers, and therefore need to shape activities around the fulfillment of market need
- Leadership : is needed to provide unity of purpose and direction
- Involvement of people : creates an environment where people become fully involved in achieving the organization's objectives
- Process approach : to achieve organizational objectives, resources and activities need to be managed as processes, with an understanding of how the outputs of one process affects the inputs of another
- System approach to management : the effectiveness and efficiency of the organization depends on a systemized approach to work activities
- Continual improvement : adopting this as a part of everyday culture is a key objective for an organization
- Fact based decision-making : effective decisions are based on the logical and intuitive analysis of data and factual information
- Mutually beneficial supplier relationships : such relationships will enhance theability to create value.
BENEFITS OF ISO 9001:2008
- Involves Top management in the improvement of the Quality management System Facilitates the organization to become a customer-focused organization.
- Ensures sustained customer satisfaction by producing, delivering services and providing support functions that meet customer's needs and expectations.
- Increases the effectiveness and efficiency of the organization through continual improvement in systems and products /services quality.
1st Interior design consultancy to receive ISO 10002 : 2014 in the UAE
This International Standard provides guidance for the design and implementation of an effective and efficient complaints-handling process for all types of commercial or non-commercial activities, including those related to electronic commerce. It is intended to benefit an organization and its customers, complainants, and other interested parties.
The information obtained through the complaints-handling process can lead to improvements in products and processes and, where the complaints are properly handled, can improve the reputation of the organization, regardless of size, location, and sector. In a global marketplace, the value of an International Standard becomes more evident since it provides confidence in the consistent treatment of complaints.
An effective and efficient complaints-handling process reflects the needs of both the organizations supplying products and those who are the recipients of those products.
The handling of complaints through a process as described in this International Standard can enhance customer satisfaction. Encouraging customer feedback, including complaints if customers are not satisfied, can offer opportunities to maintain or enhance customer loyalty and approval, and improve domestic and international competitiveness.
Implementation of the process described in this International Standard can
- Provide a complainant with access to an open and responsive complaints-handling process,
- Enhance the ability of the organization to resolve complaints in a consistent, systematic, and responsive manner, to the satisfaction of the complainant and the organization,
- Enhance the ability of an organization to identify trends and eliminate causes of complaints, and improve the organization's operations,
- Help an organization create a customer-focused approach to resolving complaints, and encourage personnel to improve their skills in working with customers, and
- provide a basis for continual review and analysis of the complaints-handling process, the resolution of complaints, and process improvements made. Organizations can use the complaints-handling process in conjunction with customer satisfaction codes of conduct and external dispute resolution processes.